The Optimux OpTK Linear Piston-Cylinder actuator is a powerful, high-performance pneumatic actuator that provides positive throttling or on-off operation for automatic control valves. The cylinders are double acting and designed for instrument air supply pressures of up to 150 psi – allowing the OpTK to generate a lot of thrust from a compact footprint.
This actuator is fully field reversible for air-to-open or air-to-close action without additional parts; a spring provides fail-safe operation. The positioner supplies air to both sides of the piston, providing exceptionally stiff, precise movement together with very high frequency response.
- High thrust - 150 psi (10.3 Bar) operating pressure allows substantially higher thrust than comparable diaphragm actuators, which provides tighter valve shutoff.
- High frequency - double-acting configuration responds quickly to signal changes response
- Compact substantially lighter and more compact than comparable linear diaphragm actuators, for a smaller overall valve footprint and easier installation and maintenance.
- Versatile - standard actuator sizes 25, 50 and 100 will handle thrust requirements for over 95% of process applications. Larger sizes are available for special applications.
- Fewer parts - 1/3 fewer parts than diaphragm linear actuators. Wear parts cost 1/10 of those for diaphragms, and less inventory is required to maintain actuators.
- Dynamic positioning - supply pressure is sent to both sides of the piston for stiff, precise operation. Air volume between the piston and the bottom of the cylinder provides powerful pneumatic stiffness, allowing a high pressure drop – without plug slamming.
- Field reversible failure mode is easily reversed without additional parts.
- Fail-safe spring - internal spring provides fail-safe operation in the event of air system failure. Universal spring bench set is not required.
- Stiff operation - supply pressure is sent to both sides of piston for stiff and precise actuator operation without hunting hysteresis.
- Durable components - high quality materials require very little maintenance, no diaphragm to rupture.
- Simple maintenance - periodic maintenance is easy to perform, since the spring cylinder actuator only requires the removal of two parts to access all internal parts.
- Low air consumption - cylinder design uses less supply air than comparable diaphragm actuators.
- Longer strokes - Size 25 spring cylinder linear actuator has a 1 1/2 -inch (38 mm) stroke, in contrast to a 3/4 -inch (19 mm) stroke on a comparable linear diaphragm actuator. Larger actuators have similar comparisons. Stroke lengths are available up to 24-inches.