There are certain applications that push the envelope of existing valve technology – this can be due to extreme temperatures, pressures, pressure drops, corrosion, erosion, controllability requirements, or some combination thereof. Trimteck collaborates with many of the most demanding control valve customers in the world to develop custom valve solutions for their most extreme applications.
We work with our customers in a consultative manner to (1) determine operational priorities, (2) gather and analyze process data, (3) size the valve, (4) select appropriate materials of construction, (5) design the valve on a SolidWorks platform, (6) simulate and validate the design with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software, and (7) fabricate, assemble, and test the bespoke valve solution.
- Determine Operational Priorities – what is the user trying to achieve with the valve, and what are the critical parameters/operating conditions?
- Gather and Analyze Process Data – the more process information Trimteck receives, the better. Our applications engineers will sift through expansive data sets to isolate anywhere from four (4) to 32 operating conditions.
- Size the Valve – using the established conditions, Trimteck engineers will determine the required Cv of the valve, as well as all of corresponding factors, such as velocity, pressure drop, choke drop, and Sigma values.
- Select Materials of Construction – in collaboration with the customer, Trimteck will propose appropriate materials of construction for the valve body, trim, and soft goods.
- Design the Valve – component by component, the valve will be designed and virtually assembled in SolidWorks.
- Simulate & Validate – Trimteck will simulate the operating conditions of the valve using the latest Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software to validate the design before fabrication begins.
- Fabricate, Assemble, and Test – master machinists will fabricate the valve components, and experienced valve technicians will assemble and test the bespoke valve.